There are a lot of pros to hunting game. It can control wildlife populations, improve personal exercise, increase your knowledge of survival skills, and so on. It has also been a method of procuring food that has been around since the dawn of time. If you’re thinking of harvesting animals in the Sunshine State, there are specific rules and regulations for upcoming hunting seasons that have been instated by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Our staff of hunting enthusiasts discusses things you need to know about the 2019 Florida deer season.
Before heading to the land to hunt game with your high power air rifle, there are important details to consider for the Florida deer season in 2019. Changes to hunting rules and regulations in Florida are based on requests from state park staff, cooperators, and stakeholders, which includes how to log and report harvested deer. The FWC now requires hunters to first log a harvested deer before moving it from where it was located. Afterward, hunters are to report the deer within the first 24 hours it has been harvested.  Reporting and logging can be completed through either the FWC Deer Harvest Reporting App or on paper with the Deer Harvest Log.
Once you’ve picked out the perfect air rifle from our extensive inventory of fx airguns, it’s important to mark down where and when you can harvest what type of deer. Zones A, B, C, and D are the four Florida hunting zones for antlered and antlerless deer. If you’re planning on sniping an antlered deer with our scope cam, notes these zones and dates to get your game on (pun intended):
- Zone A: September 21st – October 20th; November 23rd – January 5th
- Zone B: December 7th – February 23rd
- Zone C: November 2nd – January 19th
- Zone D: November 28th – December 1st; December 14th – February 23rd
For antlerless deer, the FWC has designated different dates for those looking to harvest deer without antlers or antlers shorter than 5 inches, excluding spotted fawn:
- Zone A
- DMU A2: November 23rd – 24th
- DMU A3: November 23rd – 26th
- Zone B: December 27th – 29th
- Zone C
- DMU C1: November 22nd – 25th
- DMU C2: November 22nd – 24th
- DMU C3: November 22nd – 24th
- DMU C4: November 22nd – 24th
- DMU C5: November 2nd – 3rd; November 16th – 17th
- DMU C6: November 22nd – 25th
- Zone D
- DMU D1: November 30th – December 1st; December 28th – 29th
- DMU D2: November 30th – December 1st; December 21st – 22nd; December 28th – 29th
Want learn more about the 2019 Florida deer season or you’re thinking of purchasing that Athlon optics you’ve been eyeing? Don’t hesitate to contact a member of our professional staff here at Palm Beach Airguns. Happy hunting!
 Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission – FWC Deer Harvest Reporting System